Teaspoon Willie's Eggs & Ham
Teaspoon Willie's Chipped Virginia Ham, Eggs and Toast
Just as Dr. Seuss predicted, you will like it!
Makes: 2-4 Servings
- 3 large eggs
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter
- 2-4 slices Virginia Ham (thick cut)
- 1 medium yellow onion (diced)
- 3 1/2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk
- 1 tbsp oil, olive/avocado/vegetable
- 1 loaf of sliced bread, any type will work
- 4 tbsp TEASPOON WILLIE'S SPICY SAUCE
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat 1 tbsp butter in a large saute pan over medium-high heat, add diced onion and Virginia ham, cook until crispy. Remove ham and onion from pan and put to aside to rest.
- In the same saute pan over low heat, melt remaining 2 tbsp butter. Whisk in flour all at once to form a roux. Whisk in TEASPOON WILLIE'S SPICY SAUCE. Whisk in milk, a little at a time then increase heat to medium-high and cook the sauce, stirring until thickened. Bring the sauce to a boil and mix in sautéed Virginia Ham and onions. Add salt to taste.
- Heat oil on low in a frying pan, fry egg sunny side up.
- Top toast with chipped Virginia ham and sunny side up fried egg. Enjoy!